If you are passionate about accounting and want to advance your career within an organization that provides limitless possibilities for professional growth, then we would love to get to know you!
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly motivated, excited to learn, curious, self-driven, and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a variety of tasks to advance practical experiences and knowledge for a variety of businesses within the portfolio of Porto Montenegro, get to work with highly qualified industry professionals in a fast-paced environment day by day, as well as embrace the chance to refine their skills and broaden their expertise by receiving financial and mentoring support for professional development through reputable professional qualifications such as ACCA or CA.
If this sounds like YOU, then do not hesitate in reaching out!
LOCATION: Tivat, Montenegro
SCHEDULE: Full time, Monday to Friday
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Accountant
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Daily posting of statements, incoming/outgoing invoices, cash registers, and employee advance payments;
- Monthly calculation of liabilities and preparation/control of calculations as part of the posting;
- Generating a monthly report detailing the balance of loans, interest, and intercompany loans;
- Processing monthly lease payments and postings;
- Inter-company reconciliations;
- Off-balance sheet posts;
- Entering fixed asset entries into accounting system and updating database;
- Account reconciliations with vendors, tax authorities, banks;
- Maintaining accurate records of financial transactions;
- Assisting in the preparation of financial and management reports;
- Assisting with audits and other ad-hoc projects.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field;
- At least one year of professional accounting experience preferred, although we may as well consider recent graduates searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in accounting;
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and practices;
- Good capabilities of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel;
- Experience with accounting software platform/s is a plus;
- Fluency in English;
- Go-getter attitude with a strong analytical skills, sense of responsibility and ability to execute;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, adjusting work schedule as necessary to ensure critical deadlines are met;
- Strong self-initiative and curiosity, motivated to seek out knowledge and test ideas;
- High learning agility;
- Interest or candidacy in the ACCA, CA or similar preferred.