Join us for this fantastic opportunity to be a part of our marina team, where you will be responsible for reviewing marina performance, making recommendations on optimizing business processes through automation, conducting careful analysis and researching best practices, updating procedures, producing and maintaining the marina's financial business plan, and monthly reporting.
Marina Business Analyst reports to the Marina Director but also collaborates with other team members, including close interaction with departments such as IT, Finance, and Investment Management.
Your daily tasks will include the following:
- Producing monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
- Developing informative and actionable reporting that identifies significant business trends and areas for improvement;
- Conducting insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues;
- Conducting and coordinating financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning;
- Developing and maintaining departmental budgets and financial plans based on current financial information, research, and historical data;
- Preparing quantitative and qualitative variance reports of Budgets Vs Actuals; Investigating variances;
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, identifying improvement opportunities, and developing and implementing solutions;
- Working with IT department towards improvements in all software solutions, with a particular focus on Salesforce;
- Improving and updating marina procedures;
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded and posted, as well as that all client and contractual data is in accordance with reporting standards.
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field of study, or relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Financial modeling skills;
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial standards (IFRS);
- Fluency in English and local language, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Power Query, Power Pivot and DAX;
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases is an advantage;
- Broad ERP system knowledge is an advantage, especially Salesforce;
- Experience in a customer service focused business is an advantage;
- Results-oriented thinking with a strong focus on structure and details.