We are currently looking for a Landscape Maintenance Manager to join our estate management team in a role which will see you monitoring & supervising landscaping maintenance operations and performing a variety of landscaping tasks related to site operations.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing a wide range of gardening daily tasks, as well as the maintenance of trees, shrubs, climbers, perennials, and seasonal plants in the village; ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with horticultural and PM landscaping standards;
- Controlling tools, supplies, and appliances, as well as ensuring its usage in accordance with health and safety regulations;
- Supervising the application of a variety of fertilizers as well as herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides; training team members to identify plant disease, ensuring that chemicals are properly stored and disposed of; promoting and ensuring health and safety standards are applied for chemical application;
- Supervising irrigation system functionality and assisting in the development and implementation of an irrigation time scheme;
- Assisting in the development of landscaping offers for PM clients and the procurement of all required materials;
- Preparing various reports and plans, including annual reports for Condominium Association meetings (CA);
- Managing small projects from design to completion, including budgeting, procurement, and installation supervision;
- Participating in and providing feedback on landscaping design and improvements;
- Communicating with vendors, gathering offers and processing orders for plants, regular supplies, and other products, as well as processing invoices and keeping track of all expenses;
- Participating in the departmental budgeting and planning process;
- Providing assistance and expert advice on landscaping maintenance related matters;
- Landscaping team management including, but not limited to: coordinating, directing and monitoring in performing regular duties, providing for their regular training and re-training, conducting performance appraisals, addressing employee relations. Making recommendations on staffing requirements, disciplinary and termination matters;
- Performing related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Landscape Maintenance Manager will have the following:
- University degree or appropriate certification in horticulture or landscape architecture;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in landscaping maintenance or related experience;
- Good knowledge of plant species, plant diseases and pests, horticultural machinery and equipment;
- Familiarization with standards in horticulture, landscaping architecture and design;
- Fluency in Montenegrin and English, both spoken and written;
- Good command of AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Sketch Up.