We are currently recruiting for a Junior Lawyer to join and support our team in a role which will see you engaging in a broad range of legal matters and practice areas.
The successful candidate has prior experience in a legal setting, is self-motivated, quick-thinking, curious and resourceful, and able to juggle multiple diverse responsibilities while maintaining an unwavering attention to detail.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations;
- Interpreting laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses;
- Preparing and drafting legal documents such as contracts, various decisions and documents, Powers of Attorney, etc.;
- Reviewing legal documents for completeness and accuracy of information;
- Managing registration documents for the company and its’ affiliated entities;
- Assisting with negotiating settlements of civil disputes;
- Conducting research into variety of legal matters, and consolidating learning into digestible/shareable formats.
A successful Junior Lawyer will have the following:
- University Degree in Law;
- 1+ year of experience in a legal practice related role, preferably law firm or notary office;
- Fluency in Montenegrin and English language, especially with business and legal terminology;
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word;
- Strong writing skills, with special focus on legal drafting;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
- Commercial awareness;
- Capability of analyzing problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgement and reasoning;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to grasp quickly and accurately new and complex concepts and areas of law;
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information.