We are currently recruiting for an Investment Analyst to join and support our senior team in the process of developing the corporate strategy and the investments of Porto Montenegro. This comprises contribution to all the steps of project management: creation, development, execution and monitoring (incl. asset management).
The Investment Analyst assists in accurately preparing the monthly investment reconciliations and makes sure that it is appropriately scheduled to ensure the timely distribution of these results and present it to the management team. He/she analyses the investment activities and makes proper recommendations to the management team. He/she thus provides a valuable support to development and finance department and takes active participation in ad hoc projects. While carrying out these duties, he/she must ensure compliance with various regulations and should constantly keep himself/herself updated and should reflect as the key person providing his/her expert knowledge in ever changing situations.
He/she reports to the Investment Manager, but also works with other team members, including interaction with most of the company’s departments and external partners as appropriate to achieve goals.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing specialised investment accounting, financial reporting, and analysis with reforecast to end of project. Responsible for designated investment and financial reporting programs and related schedules;
- Leveraging disclosure controls and procedures to provide executive management with a high level of comfort in the accuracy of financial statements;
- Cross checking accounting entries with legislation and internally set accounting procedures;
- Preparation and review of monthly and annual financial reports in accordance with IFRS and submitting them to Investment Manager for review;
- Preparation and review of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with the Tax Law on Accounting and Auditing and submitting them to Investment Manager for review;
- Supporting requirements for corresponding operational needs, infrastructure investment programmes, retail and commercial leasing activities, where this impacts investment assumptions, performance;
- Supporting the preparation of Business Plans for approval by the Executive Committee;
- Conducting extensive business research (basic and applied, i.e. market research, case studies, cost-benefit, etc.), followed by reporting and analyses;
- Creating financial models along with auxiliary analyses; evaluation of business, investment and corporate finance opportunities;
- Updating and maintenance of Investment Management spreadsheets, presentations and marketing materials;
- Participation in due diligence efforts; providing support to other Development team members to improve the relevant processes to the extent possible;
- Leading on the production of insightful financial analysis including market intelligence, empirical analysis, enabling robust and oversight on a regular basis, including forecast pipeline sales, cashflow analysis and benchmarking assumption;
- Providing market / investment advice to wider company as requested;
- Relationship building: externally with agents and other professional firms and internally across the business to and including executive level, demonstrating the ability to communicate clearly and concisely and advise of investment decisions required;
- Maintaining good records, revisioning and tracking progress and assumptions that drive investment decisions;
- Performing related duties as assigned by supervisor.
A successful Investment Analyst will have the following:
- A university degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or similar field from a leading institution in the country of study;
- More than three years of professional experience in investment / corporate banking, corporate finance, asset management, audit or similar roles;
- Experience in a globally-renowned development company or consultancy is an advantage;
- Impeccable command in both English and local language;
- Strong numerical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial standards (IFRS);
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and especially Excel;
- ACCA, CFA or Similar desired but not essential for right candidate.