We are currently looking to hire a Cost Controller to join our Property Development team and take responsibility for departmental Commercial / Cost Control process, supply chain management, budget control, forecasting & monthly review and reporting.
He/she works under the leadership of the Head of Commercial Management and day-to-day with Senior Associate - Commercial, but also represents an important conduit between company commercial activity and company finance & accounting teams, as well as maintains close engagement with external supply chain.
This is a full-time, 18-months Maternity Cover role commencing May 2021.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Cost Control & Management:
- Manage the department cash-flow forecast reports ensuring they are prepared and updated weekly;
- Assist in updating the New Budget report, as well as updating and tracking Development Cost Report;
- Ensure Contract/LOI Log is updated regularly and assist in the preparation of said documents;
- Assist in the preparation of a detailed Monthly Development Group Cost Report and Cash Flow Forecast;
- Monitor individual project team cost reports and address any discrepancies between project cost reports and monthly Development Group cost reports;
- Manage the processing of Purchase Orders (POs) and IPCs, ensuring that they are issued on time and that all invoices are correctly allocated by cost code. This involves raising and inputting POs/IPCs into the system and the PO/IPC Tracking Sheet, collecting necessary signatures and sending signed/approved POs and IPCs to Consultants and Contractors, as well as sending swift confirmations for these payments;
- Liaise closely with the Accounting team to ensure smooth payments for the Property Development department;
- Organize the flow of cost related information between the departments of Finance, Sales, Property Development and Investment;
- Ensure that Departmental cost records are accurately maintained in soft copy and, if required, hard copy and that they are available for inspection.
Departmental Budgeting & Reporting:
- Assist in the development, maintenance & reporting of administration and other commercial initiatives relative to annual department budgets for all development projects;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets;
- Ensure suitable and contemporaneous record keeping;
- Efficiently review and enforce all reporting mechanisms in place, assisting in the interface of all interdepartmental inputs and liaisons relative to budgeting & reporting;
- Assist to validate and reconcile all spend against budget to the approval of the Head of Commercial Management.
Investment & Commercial:
- Assist in the preparation of cash flows projections for external regulatory, soft, hard, direct procurement & development management fee cash flows for each development scheme and master planning;
- Assist in the management of all cash inflows/outflows information;
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports for all direct procurement, both internal & external;
- Assist in the management of all external cost consultants’ related cost reports, change management, and the associated internal cost reporting;
- Collate, reconcile and present all property development department cost reporting, as appropriate;
- Review and assist in the management of each project’s cash flow to ensure that it is in line with the Property Development Department Budget;
- Review and administer all invoices for the project, ensuring that they are valid for payment in compliance with the company’s protocols.
- Track and analyse project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts, including forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis;
- Participate in the development of project controls systems and make recommendations for improvements to project management systems, tools, and methods.
A successful Cost Controller will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field), or appropriate professional Certification;
- 3+ years of professional working experience (preferably in Accounting);
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel;
- Experience with Salesforce and FinancialForce systems desired but not essential for right candidate;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
- The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people.
Successful candidate must also demonstrate practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking; creative and innovative approach to problem solving; good negotiation skills; exceptional planning, organizing and time management skills. He/she must have the ability to interact in a professional and effective manner; maintain confidentiality; work under pressure and be stress resilient.