Porto Montenegro is currently looking for an experienced Accountant to support our accounting team in a challenging and exciting environment, with high-volume day-to-day operations and various aspects of accounting and reporting processes.
The position assumes a high level of professional responsibility for the daily processing of business transactions and participates in the preparation of monthly and annual reports.
Position location: Tivat, Montenegro
Schedule: Full-time, Monday to Friday
Position reports to: Senior Accountant
YOUR DAILY TASKS WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Day to day booking of bank statements, incoming/outgoing invoices, cash registers, advance payments to employees;
- Controlling daily reports on the Group's bank account balances;
- Monthly reporting on loan status, interest, and intercompany advance payments;
- Monthly calculation of liabilities and preparation/control of calculations as an accompanying part of posting;
- Communication with banks and preparation of reports and documentation in accordance with the request;
- Intercompany reconciliations;
- Reconciliation with suppliers/customers, tax authorities, banks;
- Reconciliation of postings with legal regulations and internally set accounting procedures;
- Off-balance sheet postings;
- Posting fixed assets and updating the fixed asset base;
- Monthly preparation and issuing of VAT returns, as well as other reports for tax authorities;
- Assistance with preparation of monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
- Assistance with preparation of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with the tax law on accounting and auditing;
- Orderly and up-to-date administration and archiving of documentation.
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE WITH:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or a related field;
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience in a high- volume environment;
- Microsoft office product knowledge. Advanced Excel;
- Fluency in Montenegrin and English, both spoken and written;
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant as a plus;
- Results-oriented, self-motivated approach and strong organizational skills;
- The ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment;
- A team player attitude with excellent communication skills and a developed analytical approach to task completion.