The PMYC Sailing Squadron offers sailors of all skill levels a number of options for getting out on the water. Members have access to the PMYC race fleet comprising of J70s, Picos and Tofinou 9.5s, single and double ‘swift racing’ rowing sculls, ‘wherry’ rowing boats and the Sailing Squadron Lounge area, as well as regular sailing sessions, regattas and social events.
As a Sailing Squadron Coordinator, you will be organizing events set up by the Sailing Squadron, including regattas, yacht rental, match racing and sail training, assisting in promoting Sailing Squadron and Sailing Squadron events, and helping create a welcoming and social environment that enhances the lifestyle for the marina clients and homeowners.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing sailing events (Regattas, Match Races, training regattas);
- Renting the boats;
- Assistance to the Sailing Squadron Manager with the sailing club for kids;
- Judging on regattas and race commitee;
- Execution of all duties to Montenegrin Sailing Federation;
- PMYC SS Facebook page moderator;
- Writing and communicating all news for big events to Marketing department, for promotional activities;
- Assisting Sailing Squadron Manager with Boat maintenance of all PMYC boats.
A successful Sailing Squadron Coordinator will have the following:
- Sailing experience/qualifications desirable;
- Knowledge of regatta's and racing rules;
- RYA powerboat level 2 certificate or MNE Boat Leader licence;
- University degree in Sport and Tourism Management, or similar.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Knowledge of boats and maintenance;
- Fluency in English and Montenegrin;
- Willingness to give your maximum in making every event a success.